CMA Accounting Jobs Alert
CMA Exam Academy is hiring a brilliant, experienced, and highly motivated Certified Management Accountant.
If you have passed Parts 1 and 2 of the exam, write and speak fluent English, and also have experience teaching/tutoring accounting students, you may be the perfect fit for our CMA Accounting job opening and globally-distributed team!
A Dream Job For The Right Person
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for an ambitious and experienced CMA.
You’ll take on a challenging and exciting role at a fun and dynamic company, work from anywhere in the world, and set your own schedule.
Certification Is Essential
Having passed both parts of the CMA exam is an absolute, non-negotiable prerequisite.
This is an amazing opportunity for the right candidate, and you may be tempted to apply even without the required certification. Perhaps you are a passionate and motivated accounting teacher, or an experienced accountant – or both!
While we can relate to (and on many levels appreciate) your enthusiasm, please note that we will not consider any applications from individuals who have not passed Parts 1 and 2 of the exam.
Who Are We?
We are a fast-growing company in the online education industry specializing in personalized test prep courses for professionals pursuing their CMA certification around the world. We have students in over 30 countries!
Apart from the unique test prep course we offer, our one-on-one coaching and accountability programs helps us ensure that each of our students complete their course and pass the exam.
We love what we do, and are passionate about treating every task and student interaction with a highly personalized approach.
We’d love for you to join us!
Who Are You?
We are looking for a CMA who will not only provide top-notch customer service and personalized coaching support to our students, but help us improve and refine the test prep content in our courses and textbooks.
In addition to your certification (don’t miss the “Certification is Essential” section above), vital CMA attributes include:
- An authentic passion and patience for teaching.
- World-class communication and customer service skills.
- The humility and honesty to admit when you don’t know something, combined with sophisticated research to help you find solutions to challenging questions and requests.
- The ability to focus single-mindedly on your task at hand, while simultaneously managing numerous projects – and knowing how to prioritize intelligently.
- A proven track record of being able to manage your time and projects.
- A constant desire to improve yourself.
What To Expect
You’ll spend your first few weeks with us learning about our business, how we interact with our students and the courses and products we offer.
As you master your responsibilities, you will steadily take on an increasing number of challenging responsibilities that’ll help you grow in your role and skills.
On top of your core responsibilities (outlined further below), another integral aspect of your role is the chance to help shape the evolution of our courses.
One of your most important and impactful responsibilities will be to look at everything we do with a keenly critical eye, and help us constantly improve.
We’re passionate about constantly refining how we help our students succeed, and it will be essential for you to continually find and develop ways to improve our courses and programs, so they are more efficient, easier to execute, and – most importantly – increasingly better for our students and their exam success.
CMA Tasks & Responsibilities
Below is a small sampling of the types of tasks for which you will be responsible.
Please bear in mind that this is only a brief outline, and your roles and responsibilities may vary.
- Reply to daily student questions, and effortlessly communicate in a warm, human, and exceedingly professional manner via email, on our website and inside our online interactive textbook.
- Help students adjust their program’s schedule on our website when necessary.
- Demonstrate your extensive knowledge and expertise in the CMA subject matter by providing suggestions to improve and refine the content in our courses, textbooks, quizzes, etc.
- Communicate extensively with team members to ensure students complete their programs successfully.
- Provide impeccable support to students during their test prep program.
- Continually find and develop ways to improve our processes.
- Stay up-to-date with IMA’s Learning Outcome Statement to ensure our courses and products are always current.
Expertise in the following is a must:
- Google Apps (particularly Docs and Sheets)
- Spreadsheets (Google Sheets and/or Excel)
- Powerpoint and/or Keynote
Expertise in the following is a plus but not required:
There is virtually limitless room for growth in this position, and depending on your skills and the circumstances you may also have the opportunity to work in other areas of our business – one of the many pluses of joining a young and dynamic team.
This is a uniquely challenging position, and you will be working part time at first. But you won’t be working from a cubicle (unless cubicles are your thing), because the position is remote, i.e., location-independent.
Our company is US-based but location-independent, which means that you can work from almost anywhere in the world you please – provided you have infallible Internet.
It will be up to you where to set up base, and whether you’re working from Barcelona, Chiang-Mai, Medellin or elsewhere, you will be working hard and tackling difficult but invigorating challenges.
As a close-knit team, we will speak often by Slack, Skype, and email.
But if you have a feeling that working remotely might not work for you, you may be right. Many people prefer the structure and interaction of in-person office positions, and remote work can be lonely and challenging. It’s definitely not for everyone.
This is a part-time, 4-hour per day job with a fairly flexible schedule. The position can grow to full-time as the business grows.
We are results-oriented above all, and while we will provide plenty of guidance and support (we want you to thrive!), you must have an iron-clad track record of successfully managing yourself.
While we are generally not as concerned about which hours of the day you work, you will have daily, weekly and other regular deliverables that must be completed on time.
You will also need to coordinate your schedule to speak in real time with team members which – depending on your location – may require flexible time zone coordination on your part.
Pay will be commensurate with your experience and skills, and be composed of a combination of base salary and results-based incentives.
Enthusiasm, hard work, and ambition will pay off, and you will have countless opportunities to increase your level of responsibility and compensation.
I’m Ready To Apply! What Are The Next Steps?
This is an unbelievable opportunity for the right person. To apply, email the following to nathan [at] cmacoach [dot] com:
- Resume in PDF format with base salary history
- A screenshot of your IMA’s profile showing the passing exam scores for Part 1 and Part 2.
- A short video:
- introducing yourself
- why this job is a good fit for you
- how earning the CMA credential has impacted your life
- and why a part-time remote/location independent job is ideal for you.
Including the URL of the video in your email.
Only applications from individuals who include all 3 prerequisites listed above will be considered for the position.
I look forward to welcoming you to our team.