“I can’t afford study materials”
Read on to see how you can pass the CMA even if money is tight.
Thanks for answering the question! You’re clearly determined to get your CMA.
If money is keeping you from passing the exam, you could be suffering from what I call “Everyone But Me Syndrome.”
Here’s what I mean by that, and how to overcome it and get your CMA despite being tight on money.
Before taking the CMA exam, I was $100,000 in debt. (I’d invested all this money into my rock band. It didn’t pan out.)
I knew a CMA could “theoretically” increase my income. But I didn’t really believe it. I was afraid that even if I passed, I still wouldn’t get a salary bump. And all that work would’ve been for nothing.
But I took a look at my life and thought, “Would I be happy like this, living paycheck-to-paycheck, for the next year? 5 years? 10 years?”
The answer was a resounding “Hell no!”
I knew things would only change if I took control. So I took what felt like a huge risk and devoted all my spare time to studying for the CMA exam.
While my friends were out surfing or partying, I was in Starbucks studying. This went on for 6 months. I was laser-focused on that 6-figure salary which I heard was average for CMAs.
After passing the exam, my boss rewarded me with both a promotion and $130,000 salary.
It was surprising then, but it shouldn’t have been. According to a 2015 survey from the Institute of Management accountants, CMA’s earn on average 61% more than non-CMAs.
But that “Everyone But Me Syndrome” clouds our vision. It keeps us focused on doubt and fear obscuring the fact that once that CMA is in our hands, it’ll likely lead to a higher salary that can make those money worries go away. And improve the quality of live for you and your family.
After 3 years running the CMA Exam Academy and personally helping hundreds of people pass the CMA exam on their first try, I’ve learned the trick to overcoming “Everyone but Me” Disease is twofold.
First, you’ve got to know the exam will be worth it for you by staying laser-focused on the $80,000-$150,000 salaries that are waiting for you once that degree is on your wall.
Second, you need a system that endures you’ll pass the exam the first time. So you’re not throwing away money at materials that waste your time and provide no return on investment.
That second part is what I want to show you today.
Free training: Pass the CMA Within A Year
This free 3-part training covers the tools, systems, and mindsets for passing the CMA on your first try. This stuff isn’t covered anywhere else and is controversial because it flies in the face of the “common wisdom” out there.
It covers things you won’t see in textbooks, video courses, or anywhere else. Here’s a peek at what you’ll learn:
Day 1: Mastering the Mental game
Discover the 4 biggest fears holding people back and how to overcome them. Here’s a peek at what we’ll cover:
- How to find time to study even if you’re already working 10 hours/day and have a family. Plus, a trick to absorb more material by studying less
- How to eliminate procrastination and make rapid, consistent progress — even when you’re tired or unmotivated
- How to overcome your fear of failure and walk into the exam room knowing that test doesn’t stand a chance against you
- Proof you don’t need any experience or prerequisites to pass the test. (I’ve had students still in undergrad and others who’d never take an accounting course pass the first time.)
Day 2: CMA exam made easy
Avoid the “common wisdom” that’s causing you to waste time studying the wrong things and discover what to focus on instead. Here’s a look at what we’ll cover:
- The one thing the vast majority of the 70% of test takers who fail have in common (and how you can pass in less time, with less effort, while saving money)
- Why “studying longer and harder” will set you up for failure (and the discovery I made the helped me retain 80% of what I learned and gave me way more free time)
- The dangers of live study classes: Why they leave you unprepared and “utterly confused” even when your instructor knows his stuff
Day 3: Success tools to study smarter, not harder
Discover how you can create an environment that forces you to stay focused and take large steps forward no matter what. What we’ll cover includes:
- Exactly how much time you should study to pass (it depends on a few things…)
- 2 ways to save money when preparing for the CMA exam (and even take it for free!)
- Why memorizing textbooks is a colossal waste of time, and the simple tools for studying smarter, not harder. (These tools bring you from a 30% chance of passing to 80%)
By the end of the course, you’ll know exactly what it’ll take to pass the exam this year.
If you’re ready for the 6-figure salary, respect, and pride from having that CMA hanging on your wall, then sign up for the “Become CMA Certified Within A Year” training.
Let’s cross this off your to-do list once and for all.